Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Don't keep broken things

I have never been a fixer-upper.  I don't fix things around my house.  There. I said it.  I'm not a terrible, lazy person, I'm just realllly bad a fixing things, using glue, or trying to buy a teeny little part, remembering to bring the part in from the car, finding the necessary tool to apply the part, and taking the time to actually do it.  In fact, there's a good chance I'll take my car in to the shop if a headlight burns out.

So, knowing this about myself, why oh why do I put broken things in my garage??  Do I think I'm going to wake up one day, plug in my hot glue gun and get to work?

It's not gonna happen, so I'm resolving to throw away broken stuff.

Item #4 - Broken Chair Parts

We received a much-needed desk chair from friend who was cleaning out his storage and sometime during the weekend an arm fell off.  I suspect it was missing the knob that held it on.  So our chair had one arm all weekend.  It bothered me, but not enough to actually fix it.  Then I realized with glee that I could take off both arms, and then the chair would push in under the desk.

Before this blog, I would have placed the arms in the garage, where they would be destined to be moved from shelf to shelf for 5 years, getting separated from one another and bent, until I finally realized they would never be used.

But today I am throwing them away NOW without them first fermenting in the garage.

What broken stuff is fermenting in your garage today?

No comments:

Post a Comment