Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Return to blogging?

So much has happened in the last 14 months since I signed in to Spaced Out House.  

These changes include but are not limited to...

We moved to a new rental home, with only 6 weeks notice

I discovered Dr. Joel Fuhrman and Nutritarianism (a mostly vegan diet, emphasizing leafy greens and beans)

We added another child to the home - Caleb - our 7th...and last?

and
 
I quit my fabulous part time job to be a full time (and awake) mom.


I think I originally quit blogging because I am singularly bad at taking pictures and uploading them to my computer.  I am hoping this Christmas to remedy that by getting a small plugin for my iPad.  ...but at the moment I have lost my digital camera.  Praying that it is found soon.  

Also, while I do desperately need accountability and inspiration for cleaning out my house, I am way too distracted a person to have a blog devoted only to that narrow topic.  I always have about 5 different things I'm excited about, and it's almost never the same 5 things.  So, I'm just going to blog about what is going on in my head, and in my house, and in my heart.  And if in the end this is simply an online journal, then so-be-it.  I've been using Facebook to that end in the past several years, but I am dubious as to my ability to retrieve all of those pictures and posts, so maybe this is a better idea in the end, although the audience may only be one!

Things that are currently on my mind, and may end up as blog posts:

-Our budget debacle...how our expenses have increased while our income has decreased, what we are doing about it, and what leaps of faith we may take to solve it.

-More cleaning out.  We got rid of SO much stuff when we moved, but out closet space in our new house is significantly smaller, so we still have way too much.  At this moment I have 5 cardboard boxes and 2 laundry baskets full of homeless items in my very small bedroom.  Don't know what I'm gonna do about that, but surely it will be interesting!

-Weight loss and fitness journey....if there is one.  I'm currently bouncing up and down in 5 pound increments and procrastinating on actually breaking a sweat.  I'm paralyzed because we can't afford a gym membership and I generally loathe the outdoors in Washington.  But those are my excuses.  If I find a way to overcome them, that will be blog-worthy.  

My spiritual journey, child rearing, funny stories, et cetera!

No comments:

Post a Comment